Winnipeg Jets fans donate 2,700 lbs of food for Winnipeg Harvest
By Krista Sinaisky | May 4, 2018
Winnipeg Jets fans answered the call for critically needed food items, donating 2,700 lbs of food and nearly $3,500 in cash donations for Winnipeg Harvest while attending last night’s #WPGWhiteout Street Party.
“True to Winnipeg’s winning spirit, we at Winnipeg Harvest are absolutely thrilled at the outpouring of support from True North Sports + Entertainment and our community,” emphasized Keren Taylor-Hughes, Executive Director, Winnipeg Harvest. “Together, we can all be winners by bringing a tin for the bin and helping families in need in Winnipeg and Manitoba.”
Much of yesterday’s donated items were the staple protein, carbohydrate, fruit, and vegetable items identified as being most in need, including:
- Protein (canned stew, canned beans, canned fish, and peanut butter)
- Carbohydrates (pasta, rice, instant potatoes, mac and cheese mix)
- Canned soup
- Canned vegetables and canned fruit
Winnipeg Jets and Manitoba Moose fans will have more opportunities to donate non-perishable food at the following upcoming events, including two newly added events:
- Tonight’s (Friday, May 4) Manitoba Moose Central Division Finals Game 1 – puck drop at 7 p.m. (newly added)
- Saturday, May 5 Manitoba Moose Central Division Finals Game 2 – puck drop at 4 p.m.
- Saturday, May 5 #WPGWhiteout Viewing Party – puck drop at 8:30 p.m.
- Monday, May 7, #WPGWhiteout Street Party – gates open at 6 p.m. (newly added)
Bins will be located at each of the four entrances at Bell MTS Place on Friday and Saturday as well as at each Street Party entrance on Monday.
Manitoba Moose tickets are available at moosehockey.com/tickets.
#WPGWhiteout Viewing Party tickets are available through Ticketmaster.
For more information on the #WPGWhiteout Viewing Parties, please visit winnipegjets.com/viewingparty.
For more information on Winnipeg Harvest, please visit winnipegharvest.org.‹ Main News