Winnipeg Jets to launch series of Go Jets Go NFT digital collectibles
By TN Staff | December 9, 2021
Unique digital collectibles will soon be available for Winnipeg Jets fans as the team will be releasing their inaugural non-fungible tokens (NFTs). The Go Jets Go NFTs will be digital art collectible pieces that feature unique designs and significant moments from throughout the team’s history.
Only 1,500 NFT packs will be released by the Jets – each containing four NFTs – on winnipegjets.dropshop.io. The NFTs will be made available in “Rare” and “Base” packs on drop dates in December. Full details on specific drop dates will be released on WinnipegJets.com, winnipegjets.dropshop.io and Winnipeg Jets social channels at a later date.
To stay informed on the Go Jets Go NFTs, fans can sign up to be included on an exclusive mailing list by registering HERE today.
The Jets NFTs will include three different themed sets. Two of the sets will feature digital artistic collectibles, including a mascot set and an inaugural game ticket set each consisting of three different NFTs. The third themed set will feature six different three-dimensional digital game pucks from significant Jets games that will hold box-score data from those respective games:
- 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs First Round Game 4 vs. Edmonton Oilers – May 21, 2021 – COMMON
- First Stanley Cup Playoffs win in franchise history vs. Minnesota Wild – April 11, 2018 – COMMON
- First win vs. Pittsburgh Penguins – Oct. 17, 2011 – COMMON
- 2019 Heritage Classic vs. Calgary Flames – Oct. 26, 2019 – LIMITED
- 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs Western Conference Second Round Game 3 vs. Nashville Predators – May 1, 2018 – LIMITED
- Inaugural game vs. Montreal Canadiens – Oct. 9, 2011 – RARE
HOW IT WORKS:
Each Go Jets Go Base Pack and Go Jets Go Rare Pack will include one (1) digital game puck and three (3) digital artistic collectibles grouped into three types based on scarcity, which are “Common”, “Limited”, and “Rare”. Base Packs will include more of the “Common” NFTs, while Rare Packs will include more of the “Limited” and “Rare” NFTs.
- On drop days at 11 a.m. CT, a digital queue will open for users with registered accounts to access the Go Jets Go Rare Pack drop, and at 12 p.m. CT the drop will randomly assign those in the queue a spot in line to purchase a Go Jets Go Rare Pack at $75 CAD.
- At 4 p.m. CT on the same day, a digital queue will open for users with registered accounts to access the Go Jets Go Base Pack drop, and at 5 p.m. CT the drop will randomly assign those in the queue a spot in line to purchase a Go Jets Go Base Pack at $35 CAD.
“Jets fans are as passionate about their team as any fans in the league, and we know they’re always looking for exclusive content, experiences, and memorabilia that can connect them to the team,” said Andrew Wilkinson, Director of Digital for True North Sports + Entertainment. “NFTs are the next generation of collectibles. Like collecting hockey cards, fans will get the excitement of opening Go Jets Go NFT packs in anticipation of which ones they’ll receive. The digital nature of NFTs, though, will give fans a new way to interact with collectibles. Jets fans can be on the forefront of the emerging NFT marketplace with these truly unique and limited digital collectibles.”
The winnipegjets.dropshop.io site will be the dedicated home for the Go Jets Go NFT sets. The site will contain all information on the NFTs and will feature the artwork on each different NFT, as well as provide fans with details about registering for and purchasing packs.
For more info on what NFTs are and how they work, please visit Winnipeg Jets NFT 101.‹ Main News