LAST UPDATED: FEBRUARY 1, 2020
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
True North may collect your Personal Information in a number of different ways:
Information You Provide Directly: True North collects any Personal Information you submit in relation to using our Services. For example, information is collected when you sign up for newsletters, request customer service or information, post comments or otherwise interact with us in relation to the Services. By providing any Personal Information required by any online form and by agreeing to its terms, you consent to receive communications from us related to our Services. Typically, we will seek your consent at the time your Personal Information is collected.
Information Collected through Apps: If you download and use any of True Norths’ mobile apps, True North or any third party service providers may collect certain information through that mobile app. Please note our mobile apps are developed and operated by a third party and more information about how any third party processes your Personal Information can be obtained via their respective privacy policies. These mobile apps may frame portions of our Services and you may provide information directly to us through each mobile app in those circumstances.
Automatically Collected Information: Our Services automatically collect certain Personal Information from you when you visit them. For example, our servers or networks may collect your device’s IP address and other device or network information. This collected information may be combined with information that you provide us with directly in order to personalize content and advertising based on your interest. Such collected information may include log information, device information, or location information.
Payment Information: True North and our service providers may collect your payment or banking information when you make a purchase using our Services and may use such information to complete transactions.
Tickets: True North will collect Personal Information, including relevant financial information, from you when you perform transactions such as purchasing tickets or subscribing to be a season seatholder or suiteholder. Such information is necessary to process any such purchases or administer such accounts.
True North limits the amount and type of Personal Information collected from you to the extent which is necessary for the purposes communicated to you.
USE OF COLLECTED INFORMATION
True North may use the collected and received Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To complete your requests.
- To provide customer service.
- To improve our products and services.
- To improve and personalize the content, marketing, and offers we provide to you.
- To provide effective advertising and marketing.
- To contact you about our products and services.
- To manage your season, partial-season, or individual event seatholder or suiteholder account and process any purchases you have made with True North.
- To provide information to strategic business partners to conduct market research, to administer promotions and contests conducted by us for which you have registered to participate, or to process customer/fan complaints/feedback.
- To anonymize your Personal Information and use it for our analytics services.
True North may use the Personal Information we collect and receive for other purposes that may be described to you at the point of collection or for which you provide your consent to.
True North may share information that we collect or receive with third parties when we have your consent or as described below.
True North may share information with the following types of third parties:
- True North Affiliates. We may share information with current or future “affiliates”, a term that includes our parent and subsidiary companies, joint venture partners, registered charities operated by us or other companies we control, are controlled by, or with which we are under common control.
- True North Service Providers. We may provide information about you to service providers that perform certain functions or services on our behalf. For example, hosting our Services, storing our data, fulfilling orders, providing products and services, performing analyses, administering our contests and sweepstakes, collecting location data, providing location-based services, processing credit card payments, providing customer service, or sending communications for us. These companies are contractually obligated to protect your information in a manner that is comparable to the way we protect your information and are only allowed to use it for the purpose it was collected.
- Operational Partners. We partner with third parties to operate certain Services and may provide information about you to these operational partners. For example, True North partners with Ticketmaster and concert promoters to operate certain Services and live events conducted in our venues; therefore, we may share information about you with such third parties, their successors and permitted assigns, and their affiliates in connection with the operation and delivery of our Services and where it is otherwise permitted by applicable law. You should presume that these operational partners may use information about you for their own purposes and in accordance with their respective privacy policies.
- Business Partners. With your consent, True North may share information about you with other select business partners, such as our sponsors, other retailers, and broadcast partners, so that they can provide you with special offers, promotional materials, and other materials that may be of interest to you. These business partners are expected to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and security of the information True North shares with them. However, True North is not responsible for the privacy practices of our business partners, which may use your information for their own purposes.
- Leagues. True North may share information about you with the professional sports leagues to which our sports teams belong (“Leagues”). For example, the National Hockey League and the American Hockey League. The Leagues may use this information for purposes including providing you with special offers, promotional materials, and other information that may be relevant to you, improving their products and services, and performing an internal analysis. Where required by applicable law, True North will seek your consent before sharing your information with the Leagues for promotional purposes. Please note that League websites and services are not controlled by True North and are subject to their own individual privacy policies. True North is not responsible for the privacy practices of any such Leagues.
- Legal Disclosures. True North or our service providers may disclose your information, including the contents of your communications, to other parties when required or permitted by applicable law, such as when we have reasonable grounds to believe that:
- Doing so is necessary to respond to lawful governmental requests or legal process;
- The information is relevant to a crime that has been or is being committed;
- An emergency exists that poses a threat to your safety or the safety of another person or persons; or
- Doing so is necessary to protect our rights or property.
- Interactive Features. True North may share information with third parties when you post information to a public user profile or a public area of our Services. If you post information to these interactive features, it may be publicly available and you may receive unsolicited messages from other parties. True North cannot ensure that parties who have access to such information will respect your privacy. Please exercise caution when using these features and do not post sensitive personal information.
- Games and Contests. True North may share information with third parties in connection with the administration or marketing of games or promotional contests which run on our Services. This may include, for example, names of the winners of a content or in connection with a game leaderboard.
- Aggregated or Anonymized Information. True North may share other information with third parties in a manner that does not identify particular users.
True North will protect the Personal Information shared by contractual or other means, stipulating the purposes for which the information is to be used and the necessity to provide a comparable level of protection.
True North’s offices are located in Canada, and regardless of where you use our Services or otherwise provide information to us, your information may be transferred to, maintained, and processed by True North, its affiliates, and our operational partners and service providers in Canada and the United States. Please note that Canadian and United States privacy laws, regulations, and standards may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence and such information may be subject to lawful access by the courts of the applicable jurisdiction, law enforcement, and governmental authorities. By using our Services or providing us with your information, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to, in, and out of Canada and the United States.
DO NOT TRACK SIGNALS
THIRD PARTY LINKS
True North may expressly request your consent to certain collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information or provide you with an opportunity to opt out of such practises.
Only authorized employees and agents of True North who require access to your Personal Information in the course of their duties shall have access to the information. True North has established technical, contractual, administrative, and physical security steps to protect the Personal Information that you provide.
Please note that despite the security safeguards maintained by True North, no security program can ever be 100% secure. Consequently, we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of your information. In the event of a security breach, True North will comply with all applicable laws to notify you about the breach so that you can take protective steps.
True North Services which collect payment information online use industry-standard encryption technology to protect the security of your credit -card information.
To protect the security of your personal information, True North encourages visitors not to disclose their password to anyone, to log out of your account, and to close your browser window when you finish using any of the True North sites.
True North systems that store Personal Information are kept in a secure environment and are backed up on a regular, scheduled basis.
At True North, we take our responsibilities to our younger visitors seriously. In addition to the steps we take to safeguard the privacy and integrity of personal information submitted by adults, we adhere to the following principles and practices regarding personal information requested from children under 13 years old.
We will not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 (such as full name, home address, e-mail address, phone number, etc.). We may use age screening mechanisms to help us determine if a user is under the age of 13. If the True North Services determine that the user is under the age of 13, he/she will be directed to content that does not involve the submission of personal information.
From time to time, we may post information on our site about other promotions, contests or games that are open to children but that require Personal Information to participate. For these contests, children will be required to provide proof of consent from their parent or legal guardian.
If at any time, a parent or legal guardian becomes aware that their child has provided us with information without their consent, or wishes to withdraw their consent to our use, disclosure or retention of Personal Information collected from his or her child, the parent or guardian should contact us at email@example.com and we will promptly remove such information from our database(s). Please note that we may request proof of identity and relationship to the child before doing so.
If you have any comments or questions on policies related to children’s data or about our commitment to protecting your and your children’s privacy, please contact our Chief Privacy Officer at the firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may make the following choices regarding your personal information:
- Unsubscribe. You may opt-out of receiving future promotional email communications from True North by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the footer of the promotional email communication and updating your preferences. Additionally, you may identify specific email publications about our teams and services which you would like to receive by visiting the applicable team’s website. True North may continue to send you transactional or service-related emails regarding your account.
- Permanently Delete Information. You may request to have your Personal Information personally deleted at any time. To exercise this option, please contact email@example.com.
ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, update, or correct inaccuracies in any of your Personal Information that True North keeps, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. Such requests should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or the mailing information listed under the Contact Us heading.
In certain situations, we may not be able to provide you with access to all of your Personal Information. For instance, if doing so would reveal personal information about another individual or any of our confidential information. In such a case, True North will provide you with the reason for denying your request.
RETENTION OF INFORMATION
WITHDRAWING YOUR CONSENT
You may have your Personal Information deleted, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. If you would like your Personal Information deleted, please contact email@example.com.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS
Chief Privacy Officer
True North Sports + Entertainment
345 Graham Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3C 5S6
(204) 987 – 7825
None of NHL ICE, NHL Enterprises, L.P., NHL Enterprises Canada, L.P., NHL Enterprises B.V., the National Hockey League and its other member clubs, nor any of their respective officers, directors, governors, owners, other officials, partners, partnerships, principals, employees, affiliates and other related entities, servants, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, have any control of, or responsibility or liability for, our use, disclosure, storage or transmission of any information collected through our websites.